Position: Web/Digital Designer
Experience: 2+ years within agency or similar commercial environments
Salary: Very competitive salary plus overtime, email [email protected] for details
We’re looking for a talented designer to join our growing digital team, and help us deliver outstanding design/UX for our clients.
Projects can vary from full site designs, branding refreshes and UX journeys to landing pages, emails and banners.
A refined eye for balanced layout, typography and attention to detail is essential.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player with a striking portfolio that shows a solid understanding of digital mediums, journeys and interactions.
Please supply your CV and design examples to demonstrate your experience.
What we offer
- Choice of office or remote working.
- Flexible start and finish times.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and supportive digital team.
- Opportunities to attend UX events and other role-relevant meet ups.
- Competitive salary plus paid overtime if required.
- 24 holiday days plus 8 Bank Holiday days.
- Demonstrable experience of designing for adaptive and/or fluid responsive sites.
- Excellent layout and typographic skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a creative eye.
- Good working knowledge of appropriate software tools in particular Adobe XD and Creative Suite.
- An understanding of how designs translate into front-end build and interactions.
- Experience of designing for CMS and/or eCommerce platforms including structure, templates and content managed areas (WordPress and/or Magento is ideal).
- An understanding of best practices for managing files, creating web assets and appropriate file formats/optimisation techniques to use.
- Prototyping through tools such as XD or Invision.
- Experience of wire framing (even as pencil scamps) to communicate ideas and journeys.
- Layout principles for SEO and/or accessibility best practices.
- Hands on experience of working with html and other front-end technologies.
- To research, design and evolve web-based sites, applications and emails.
- Work to both loose conceptual briefs and strict requirements as requested for each project and client.
- Create wireframes and user journeys where required to communicate and solidify ideas.
- Create assets and populate client sites with text, images, audio and rich media content when required.
- Liaise with colleagues and clients to fully understand briefs, and to present back designs produced.
- Work within Hub’s preferred software/processes as briefed, and take ownership and accountability of work executed and deadlines agreed to.
- Keep up-to-date with new design trends and marketing principles, and learn skills as appropriate to be able to design for emerging platforms and devices
- A team player – approachable and collaborative with a can-do work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to pixel-perfect work.
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest design trends and working technologies.
- Able to prioritise own workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Receptive to client and team feedback.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with all connected teams such as development and account management.