Position: SEO & Outreach Specialist
Experience: 3+ years within an agency or large business
Salary: Based on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing digital marketing team within a friendly, fast-paced full service agency.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about organic search and outreach, with the energy and determination to improve visibility of our clients in this highly competitive market.
With a minimum of 3+ years solid commercial experience you will have a ‘hands-on’ SEO and/or outreach background, and will come from either a digital agency, or a large business managing organic search for a range of sites.
- A fundamental understanding of search engines across devices and geographic locations, white-hat SEO, compliance, and the latest algorithm factors that affect rankings.
- In depth knowledge and hands-on demonstrable experience of current optimisation techniques and technologies.
- Practiced in using a wide range of SEO tools and tracking software’s such as Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog and Advanced Web Ranking.
- Proven track record of planning, implementing, optimising, analysing and reporting on SEO projects including outreach and link building.
- Experience of working with CMS structures (WordPress and Magento preferred).
- Organised, pro-active with excellent attention to detail.
Strategy and development of SEO campaigns for a range of clients, websites and business models.
This involves hands-on implementation of SEO activity, including:
- On and off-site competitor analysis.
- Regular, scheduled auditing of onsite SEO content/code and offsite backlink profiles.
- Briefing, and proofing and reporting on SEO code fixes/enhancements utilising our internal development team.
- Create SEO migration plans and implement the actions required to avoid negative impacts on SERPs.
- Conduct backlink outreach and disavow file management where needed to rectify historic ranking issues.
- Communicate with and encourage other site editors, bloggers etc to engage with our client’s brands and publish related engaging content without using monetary rewards to influence this.
- Monitor brand reputation in organic listings, and alert clients to issues/negative content if needed, as well as being able to use brand monitoring to build links.
- Work with the Digital Marketing wider team to create SEO activity to boost SERPs.
- Create monthly client reports on activity and attained rankings/results.
- Proactively liaise with the digital dev team and account managers to deliver the SEO activities.
- Stay up to date with the latest search technologies, algorithm updates and industry trends. Review new developments for the potential to deliver better results for our clients.
- Keep abreast of what search engines consider to be white and black hat tactics so as not to violate their guidelines.