Position: Mid Weight Digital Designer
Experience: 1+ years within an agency or commercial environment
Salary: Competitive salary for the right person - email [email protected] for full package details
We have a new opportunity for a talented designer to join our team, and help us deliver outstanding digital creative for our clients.
Projects can vary from full site designs, branding refreshes and UX journeys to landing pages, emails and banners.
A refined eye for balanced layout, typography and attention to detail is essential.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player with a striking portfolio that shows a solid understanding of digital mediums, journeys and interactions.
Please supply your CV and design examples to demonstrate your experience.
What we offer
- Friendly, knowledgeable and supportive digital team.
- Opportunities to attend UX events and other role-relevant meetups.
- Paid overtime when needed.
- A 27” high spec mac to keep your work stream productive.
- ‘Yoga Mondays’, ‘fresh fruit Tuesdays’ and unlimited hot or cold beverages.
- Demonstrable experience of designing for adaptive and/or fluid responsive sites.
- Excellent layout and typographic skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a creative eye.
- Good working knowledge of appropriate software tools in particular Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- An understanding of how designs translate into front-end build and interactions.
- Experience of designing for CMS and/or eCommerce platforms including structure, templates and content managed areas (WordPress and/or Magento is ideal).
- An understanding of best practices for managing files, creating web assets and appropriate file formats/optimisation techniques to use.
- Prototyping through tools such as Invision.
- Experience of wire framing (even as pencil scamps) to communicate ideas and journeys.
- Layout principles for SEO and/or accessibility best practices.
- Hands on experience of working with html and other front-end technologies.
- To research, design and evolve web-based sites, applications and emails.
- Work to both loose conceptual briefs and strict requirements as requested for each project and client.
- Create wireframes and user journeys where required to communicate and solidify ideas.
- Create assets and populate client sites with text, images, audio and rich media content when required.
- Liaise with colleagues and clients to fully understand briefs, and to present back designs produced.
- Work within Hub’s preferred software/processes as briefed, and take ownership and accountability of work executed and deadlines agreed to.
- Keep up-to-date with new design trends and marketing principles, and learn skills as appropriate to be able to design for emerging platforms and devices
- A team player – approachable and collaborative with a can-do work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to pixel-perfect work.
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest design trends and working technologies.
- Able to prioritise own workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Receptive to client and team feedback.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with all connected teams such as development and account management.