Position: Magento Developer
Experience: 2+ years within agency or similar commercial environments
Salary: Very competitive salary for the right person, email [email protected] for details
We are looking for a skilful, forward-thinking Magento developer to join our digital team and help us deliver exceptional work for our clients.
Please supply your CV and URL/code examples to demonstrate your current experience and skill set.
- End-to-end build experience in either Magento 1 or 2.
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Tools and frameworks such as NPM, Composer, Grunt, Gulp or Compass.
- Able to write standards-compliant code and contribute to code written by others.
- Experience with version control and deployment.
- Debugging code as part of the development process.
- Working knowledge setting up or configuring a LEMP stack.
- Implementation of bespoke speed optimisation techniques such as caching, profiling, asset optimisation, database optimisation and load balancing.
- Build principles and optimisation for SEO and/or accessibility.
- Advanced implementation of tracking technologies such as Google Analytics, Adwords and Optimiser.
- Experience of using configuration management tools such as Vagrant and Ansible.
- Working knowledge and experience in WordPress.
- Write clean, standards compliant code to produce and evolve web-hosted Magento sites.
- Execute briefed projects, advancing personal skills as required to deliver the work.
- Deliver projects within agreed timescales and quoted hours.
- Liaise with colleagues and clients to fully understand build objectives, and translate them into deliverable requirements.
- When available, work to technical documentation, eg. wire frames and functional specs.
- Work within Hub’s preferred platforms/frameworks, and keep skills updated with new technologies as appropriate.
- Optimise build for performance and speed according to Google’s current insights and protocols.
- A team player – friendly and approachable with a can-do work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to error-free code.
- Keen to learn and embrace new technologies.
- Organised yet flexible, able to prioritise own workload to deliver within agreed deadlines for multiple clients and projects.
- Receptive to feedback and working within company processes.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with all connected teams such as design, SEO, analytics and account management.