Position: Magento 2 Developer
Experience: 1+ years within agency or similar commercial environments
Salary: Very competitive salary plus overtime, email [email protected] for details
We are looking for at least two front or back-end Magento 2 developers to join our growing digital team!
Please get in touch and send us your previous work history along with URL/code examples to demonstrate your current skills and experience.
What we offer
- Choice of office or remote working.
- Flexible start and finish times.
- Magento 2 Certification pathways.
- Collaborate forward thinking dev team eager to share knowledge and grow development skills.
- Technical input valued and good ideas implemented.
- Interesting work – challenging functionalities and web interfaces to develop.
- Competitive salary plus paid overtime if required.
- 24 holiday days plus 8 Bank Holiday days
- 1+ year recent build experience in Magento 2.
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap or Foundation (front-end).
- Tools and frameworks for example NPM, Composer, Grunt, Gulp or Compass.
- Able to write standards-compliant code and contribute to code written by others.
- Experience with version control and deployment.
- Debugging code as part of the development process.
- Magento 2 Certification a big plus!
- Experience building in Commerce or Commerce Cloud.
- Working knowledge setting up or configuring a LEMP stack.
- Implementation of bespoke speed optimisation techniques such as caching, profiling, asset optimisation, database optimisation and load balancing.
- Build principles and optimisation for SEO and/or accessibility.
- Advanced implementation of tracking technologies such as Google Analytics, Adwords and Optimiser.
- Experience of using configuration management tools such as Vagrant and Ansible.
- Write clean, standards compliant code to produce and evolve web-hosted Magento sites.
- Optimise build for performance and speed according to current insights and protocols.
- Execute briefed projects, advancing personal skills as required to deliver the work.
- Deliver projects within agreed timescales and quoted hours.
- Liaise with colleagues and clients to fully understand build objectives, and translate them into deliverable requirements.
- When available, work to technical documentation, eg. wire frames and functional specs.
- Work within Hub’s preferred platforms/frameworks, and keep skills updated with new technologies as appropriate.
- A team player – friendly and approachable with a can-do work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to error-free code.
- Keen to learn, share and embrace new technologies.
- Organised yet flexible, able to prioritise own workload to deliver within agreed deadlines for multiple clients and projects.
- Receptive to feedback and working within company processes.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with all connected teams such as design, SEO, analytics and account management.